Tuesday 6 March 2012

Good evening! So I just got back from visiting Toronto and it was a blast! :) The first night was pretty laid back. Iain and I checked into our hotel and on our drive in, we noticed two pubs. There was the Queen's Head and King George's Arms. After dropping our bags off, we took a walk towards the pubs and noticed that Universal Studio's was right outside our hotel! Awesome! So we decided to go to The Queen's Head for some brews and I actually really liked it there. It was actually open on a Sunday night, the people weren't obnoxious, and the atmosphere was like a good pub should be. I had a Guinness, a whiskey sour, tequila sunrise, and a lounge lizzard and Iain enjoyed some keith's, sapporo, and glenfiddich on ice. Our waitress was pretty awesome too! We went back to the hotel and then fell asleep for our adventurous day two. 
So day two was the food show. I didn't attend as I'm not a chef or person in the culinary business but Iain went with a couple of his fellow college friends and they enjoyed themselves. Apparently it wasn't as impressive as previous food shows but none the less, they all found things that they loved and definitely enjoyed catching up with each other. I toured around the area and picked up a couple things as well as got lost a couple of times! But nothing the GPS aka toots couldn't get me out of :) I found this hidden book store in the plaza I stopped in and it was awesome! They literally had books piled everywhere! I attacked their cook book section and found Iain this awesome book compiled of 25 of the best cook books and some of their recipes and I found a couple of music books for myself! So excited to read and play from them! The end of the day was a little rough because with me not having my cell phone, we didn't have a proper way of communicating other than Face Book and so I ended up waiting at the food show until 7pm not knowing that Iain didn't receive my messages and had gotten a ride back to the hotel with his friends back when they ended around 4:30pm! Definitely not his fault, but I got flustered and upset worrying about where he was and trying to dig through the city traffic and he was so worried that something had happened to me as he heard about accidents on the highway that I was on. I made it back to the hotel safely where Iain came running out to give me a huge hug. I love him so much! :) So after all of the hullabaloo, we all enjoyed dinner and a couple of drinks at the restaurant in the hotel. I got to meet Iain's culinary friends, caught up with a good friend of ours and unwound! I had the maple glazed salmon with mash and sautéd spinach which was absolutely delicious! The fish was perfect :) Iain also surprised me with a drink shaker that he had picked up from the show for me, I am definitely going to use that! After everyone left, Iain and I attacked the vending machine for some snacks and curled up to watch the movie Arthur with Russel Brand in it. Definitely enjoyed it! 
Scarf mittens! 
Today, Iain and I hit up Queen street and China town. We found some amazing stores! Our first stop was the dark horse, and it was an espresso bar where Iain got an Americano and I got my Chai Latte :) Delish! So we continued on trekking around and checked out all of the little stores around and we came across this amazing cheese boutique! There was cheese, meats, sauces, oils and so on. It was cozy and we tried this delicious brie cheese and picked some up to take home, I forget what it was called, but Iain will know lol We also bought our lunch there and it was fantastic! Iain got a blue cheese and grilled pears sandwich and I got a guyere and paprika salami sandwich, both were put into a grill press. I'm drooling just thinking about them! We continued our venture and stopped into a few more stores, found this one that had the most hilarious items in there, I will have to post the pictures once I upload them onto my computer but I definitely want to go back! The store Iain wanted to go to is a place called Knives but for some odd reason, they are closed on Tuesdays. So we went on and made it to China town. We went into a couple of shops where I bought the cutest good luck kitty piggy bank ever! Again, I will have to post pictures lol but I've been wanting one forever! So happy I have one now :) Iain and I also went into a super market there and it was CRAZY!!! So many people!! but we did however find some pretty interesting ingredients and I'm really excited to see what Iain comes up with as dishes :) Oh question! Does anyone know what black fungus is used for?? We found some there and picked a bit up and Iain I'm sure will find a use for it, but maybe someone reading this can tell me? Comment! :) ohh and I do have a picture above similar to what I bought today! So I got this scarf and it is sooo soft, but it has mittens attached to it! They're paws with claws! lol It's a burgundy colour with little snow flakes here and there and black claws and red pads on the under side. They're really warm and pretty darn cute! :) Definitely made my day! But, I am off to relax for the evening! Hope you enjoyed reading my blerb :) Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment