Thursday 8 March 2012

OMG! So last night I made such a delicious dinner! I worked all day, busted my butt cleaning EVERYTHING and realized I had forgotten my lunch, but all I wanted was hollandaise sauce. So after work, I stopped in at the grocery store and picked up some wild salmon and butter and then rushed home to make dinner. I cooked up the salmon in a pan and just before it was finished, I added a mixture of maple syrup, water and ground red chili's,  while I waited for it to finish I made a beautiful hollandaise sauce with egg yolks, butter (lots of it), pepper, salt and lime juice. I served it on top of rice and it was so yummy! A hint of sweetness with the warmth of the red chili's wrapped under a blanket of savory buttery goodness! ah...how I wish there were left overs right now! haha  
So I'm kind of disappointed with Georgian college, or I guess I should say the lack of people who are doing bartending. I was looking online at their programs and majority of the courses have been cancelled :( I am going to start looking into other schools and see what is offered. I want interesting courses, and who know's, maybe I'll find something that I didn't expect. I want to bring new ideas into drinks and learn new techniques. I hate that when I go into a bar and say surprise me, the bartenders either give me a look of fear or come back with something simplistic like a screwdriver or a tequila sunrise. I want to bring unique but delicious flavors to the table..so to speak..and make each drinking experience one to remember :) So the hunt begins for places to dip my toes! 
Today I got called in to work so that's my plan for the evening. So glad to get a couple extra hours, definitely needed! Off to get ready, another day awaits! I will leave this cute inspirational video. It made me laugh. Thumbs up everybody! For rock and roll! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment